Saturday, August 29, 2009

breaking (heart) news

While making a new pot of coffee, a drop of the hot stuff landed on Jane and a drop fell on me, too; it turned my hand bright, stinging red (we pride our coffeemaker on how hot it gets the coffee = bad).  She ran out of the kitchen so fast but turned around once with a face that said, "What did I do to you!" and then proceeded to hide in agony - this is what she always does when something "bad" happens; we call it Jane's 'rejected' state.  I feel so horrible about the whole thing.  I gave her the brush treatment, followed by many a cat treat.  She's sleeping next to me right now and I think she trusts me again!  But oh, I hate when things like this happen.  It makes me feel like a jerk.

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, i SO know how you feel. they come around fast, faster than we do.