Wednesday, June 07, 2006

big shots shop at big lots

Ok.

I'm addicted to Big Lots.

I used to work right near one when I lived on Florida's East Coast. I hated it. Everyone I worked with would go in there on their lunch breaks and come back with their purchases. Things like baskets. Or Christmas decorations. Or something plastic with absolutely no longevity. I would go in there to buy Cokes, because a 20 oz bottle was only something like .88. But it frustrated me 1) because it was a shithole, and 2) "next in line" sometimes meant the person behind me.

But things have changed as of late. First I scored the Talking Rummy (who by the way costs $29.99 online and only cost me $5 at Big Lots). Tonight, I went back to my nearest Big Lots and spent $18 on all kinds of things - nicer quality office supplies, if you will. And to top everything off - yes, the line system is still kind of nutty (but it worked in my favor tonight) - it was a clean Big Lots.

Good enough for me.

Overheard by saleswoman #1: "Lloyd came from out of town. He's the big time. He threw us a pizza party."

Whatever it takes, Lloyd. Keep it up.

7 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

I am so loving your blog lately. Your inner sassy self is emerging and I LOVE IT.

More Madge, please!

Is there a 24-hour Madge station on cable?

madge said...

I am oh-so-flattered.

Really!

You're like, the most popular Blogger I know. And you love me. You want me all the time.

Just the way I feel about you.

kimberlina said...

ah, the big lots insanity.

i love this: "it frustrated me 1) because it was a shithole" - HAHAHA! :D

did you know you can find tom's of maine products at big lots? of course, they're mostly discontinued products - weird flavors like "ginger hibiscus" or some such nonsense. though i was able to score some fairly normal "peppermint" last time i frequented the joint.

madge said...

Big Lots. You're right: it's a joint. I will have to look for Tom's of Maine next time (ahem, tomorrow?!); I love that product line. Especially the licorice herb toothpaste - I could suck it right out of the tube.

Mmmm.

Meghan said...

haha, that's like me and... well... pretty much everything/where. Tonight, it was Snickers: i bought my first one. i ate my first Snickers earlier this term, but bought one tonight from the vending machine.

with my new mothafuckin meal points!! yeah!! (read my ever-so-short post for slightly more info)

anywho... yay for cheap shit... although drinking toothpaste is pretty foul, hun.

---MB

Tits McGee said...

I LOVE BIG LOTS.

But not as much as I love you.

madge said...

Meghan - not if the toothpaste is Tom's I tell you! Well...what do you think of Snickers?

Tits - This is true. It's the same for my affection toward you. Big Lots cannot compete with you!