Wednesday, January 18, 2006

no contretemps here

Here's the thing: I like how Kimberlina blogs about once a week. She recaps everything worth mentioning, throws in some art and then gets on with her life. My blog might start evolving toward something like that...so please, think of my blog as the Jesus fish, with legs.

Thanks.

I have so many things in my head to write about:
  • I was a part-time nervous child.
  • I never knew what it was like to escape into a book until I lived in girl-roommate-hell.
  • I have to build two websites this semester; help!
  • Again, Amtrak ambitions.
  • Again, running ambitions.
  • I'm obsessed with heraldry right now, and coat-of-arms. I feel, often, that I am a culture-less American (I know, we have culture, only I'm not so sure it's the good kind). My family tree branches are either German or English and lately, I'm becoming obsessed with the English side. Those lions and crowns? So hot. Also, I really want to visit London. Bad. More bad than bad. Baddestly!
  • I think my apartment is haunted, but with a good ghost; a ghost that is, at least, humored by my cat.

11 comments:

Meghan said...

Weekly blogging is a good idea. I'd follow suit, but by the end of the week, I can't remember what happened at the beginning. Hmm... that might be a good thing, though...

Cheers!

---MB

(in deference to your Brit obsession, I'll hold off on the "Brits out!" phrase indefinitely)

Monkey said...

Weekly is just fine. I've started going pretty much to an every other day schedule. Daily is just too much for me right now.

Amtrak!

And Coat of Arms! I love the heraldry thing. We are Scotch/English and Beck has a little kilt with the family tartan and everything. Monkey tries to wear it, but I've explained to Monkey that he isn't Scottish. It doesn't stop him though.

Calzone said...

Thats not a ghost..thats me

Tits McGee said...

How about badtasticly?

madge said...

Tits: I can do badtasticly just as well! Or, London is not a total wasteoid ambition.

Meghan: Yes, I find myself forgetting things, too. It's borderline scary.

Monkey: But you look so darn cute in the tartan! It's okay if you're not really Scottish.

Calzone: Look, I suspected you - my cat came to me and said "I'm seeing dragons. Now I'm going to knock over the ironing board." I didn't believe him at first, but when the thing came crashing down, I knew you had to be involved somehow.

Tits McGee said...

Hey, Madge, I'm probably a total wasteoid for doing this, but tag! You're it!

http://titslist.blogspot.com/2006/01/
lists-of-four.html

carolina anne said...

I miss you. I still need to do something with "states." I love you- call me when you get a chance :)

duff said...

i will nevereveeverevereverever live with other chicks again...though it inspired me to spend an awful lot of time at the college radio station, which turned out to be a a very good thing.

kimberlina said...

i chalk it up to laziness. also, i've been feeling less than inspired these last few months. not in the crafty way, more in the what-the-heck-do-i-write-about kind of way. also, my blog is very much like a journal for me. and i definitely go through journaling phases.

when you visit london, feel free to buy me a ticket. you know, if you have spare cash. ;)

Cheryl said...

I really want to hear about the ghost.

John said...

If you need website help, let me know! I'm all about the HTML and stuff.