Tuesday, July 27, 2010

vanderbilt

My latest book, Dead End Gene Pool (Burden, 2010), is a darkly fabulous memoir about growing up a blue blood in the Vanderbilt and Burden families and I’m enjoying it quite a lot.  Speaking of those Vanderbilts…I have such fond memories of our April excursion to the Biltmore Estate…(I don’t think I ever finished sharing honeymoon photos)

037

Unreal!  The grounds…

053 

080 

112

What a freaking fairytale.  Can you imagine being a house guest?

And now I’m jonesing for a second home in North Carolina.  Or in Oregon’s high desert or the coastal mountains.  Or even in North Florida.  And I’ll tell you why.  I sort of love the idea of home.  To have two of them would be perfect.

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

want.

how gorgeous are those grounds and gardens?! oh, to have time to manicure a garden thus...