Friday, July 16, 2010

bletch

If George weren’t so cute I’d probably make a bigger fuss of this but just so you know, I’m itching like I have never itched before in my life.

In my postpartum days, I have developed a lovely rash on pretty much my entire body.  It is, most likely, due to my wiggidy whack hormones and should clear up eventually when things get back to normal.  There are treatments; steroids, to name one.  Awesome; not for my consideration.  And there are all kinds of home rememdies.  Here’s what I’m up to:  I am using a soap that has helped other women with the same pregnancy-related condition (PUPPP – go ahead and Google image search that and tell me if you don’t lose your cookies).  Grandpa’s Pine Tar Soap.  It’s been made in Kentucky since 1878 and seriously smells like a campfire that’s been put out by the rain.  It does give me relief and nostalgia all rolled into one lovely cold shower; if you’re interested in having an experience like this, Steve found it for me at Whole Foods.  I’m seriously considering this as a stocking stuffer for Christmas gifts from here on out:  campfire soap?  Genius. 

But you know…it’s oh-so-worth it…

036-3

No comments: