Friday, May 21, 2010

mrs. barry

I’m officially, for banking purposes, my *new* last name.  It’s wonderful to finally be, at least at one institution, the new me.  Because remember I threw out or misplaced that important yellow folder?  With all those important things in it?  I’m starting from scratch to replace those documents.  Marriage licenses are the easiest to replace:  $3 and same day, super-quick service (thank you Clerk of Courts).  Next I’ll have to fork over for the Birth Certificate.  Turns out the State of Oregon ain’t so cheap and ain’t so fast.  But all my ducks are slowly getting in a row…so I can head back to Social Security (by the way, I’d rather chew on road kill than ever have to go there again) with all of my documentation to really really really be my new name. 

I’m almost finished reading a book, but it’s not Anna Karenina.  Anna is still fab, and the book still sits by my bed, but at work I had to resort to something mindless to get me through lunch breaks without having to converse with people I’d rather not…

So far in my life, I’ve only watched ONE season of Project Runway, and that was season three (the year that we had cable).  I never forgot how fabulous Laura Bennett was, how much I liked her and her style, etc.  She wrote a book on parenting (eww; I hear you) called Didn’t I Feed You Yesterday?  Of all the celebrity memoir-ish things I’ve ever read, she is by the far the best writer.  The reading is fast and funny and she kind of makes me want to have six kids.  Because that is how many she has.  Even though by looking at her you’d never know: 

No comments: