Monday, April 19, 2010

monday mind eff

I survived the alarm clock!  I was afraid I might miss it completely.  I am still something of a zombie today; I'd love something hot to drink but I missed that ship.
 
So the new job has me on a new schedule, where Mondays are actually Mondays (now I have Sundays off; before, they started my week).  I forgot about Monday morning vibes where everyone within a certain radius is completely misearble.  I haven't had a traditional Monday morning since I worked at the prep school all those ages ago...It's strange to be back.
 
In 1987, on the seventh anniversary of Mt. St. Helens erupting, my third grade teacher marked the occasion in what she called her daily Love Notes (her last name was Love - she shoulda been in PR).  I didn't remember the eruption as I was just eight months old, but it's a total mind fuck for me to think that when I was in the third grade, my teacher must have been thinking, "Wow, can you believe the Mt. St. Helens eruption was already seven years ago?!  Damn!"  I tell you this only because of recent news events.  And because I love volcanoes.  And because I love a good mind fuck. 

No comments: