Tuesday, March 16, 2010

reference desk

Again, I'm dreadfully tired and dreaming of caffeine.  Wouldn't it be nice…

 

Which reminds me of a library story I forgot to share.  Last week, when I was working the evening shift, a patron came to my desk and said she would be working late in the library (late being until we closed at 9 p.m.).  She then asked if we had any coffee in the building to make for her and if so, she'd take it with two Sweet-n-Lows and cream.  Are you fucking kidding me?  I said that.  Only with my eyes.  And then my eyes made her some hot ass coffee and threw it in her face. 


Have I said this before?  I love my job.  If I'm not mistaken for a volunteer then it's a barista.  Hmm, do you think she would have tipped me if I made her some?  I could get into that.



4 comments:

Lauren said...

Did she cringe when your eyes threw that coffee in her face?

.......... said...

wahahahahahaha... that lady was me. no, can't be me. i quit coffee two weeks ago. we'll see how that goes...

Naynayfazz said...

WTF?! Seriously? You and Kim sure have your weirdo stories about being a librarian. Now the question is.... did you make her coffee???

madge said...

no way did i make her coffee!