Sunday, March 21, 2010

each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way

So last year I resolved to read at least 24 books.  We're almost out of March 2010 and I haven't finished a single book.  I've started several and they all excite me, but I just don't follow through and naturally, I'm disappointed in myself.  So instead of focusing on quantity, I'm focusing on finishing my latest start, Anna Karenina.  Gulp.  But if it is the only book I read this year then I'll be happy.  I know diddle about Russian literature so I'm approaching this simply as a gal in want of a really good story.  Apparently this could fit the bill.

2 comments:

.......... said...

russian lit rocks. took a course on russian lit in college... and anna k... it was the da' bomb.

Naynayfazz said...

I set a goal to read 2 books a month and so far, you want to know how far I got? I read 1/4 of three books since Jan and each one was worst than the one before it. I have three others I hope to try and hopefully like. You did just get married and are expecting a baby so I am sure you have other things on your mind! :)