Thursday, November 19, 2009

i swear

County salaries are public record; therefore, I know a certain admin in my building makes $93,000 a year.
 
She just asked me to help her find an address that she could NOT find in the phone book.  Literally, the task was giving her a migraine.  So, putting my Master's degree to hard work, I went to Google, typed a few more keystrokes and her answer magically appeared. 
 
"Oh, I could have done that."
 
Yeah, but you didn't.  And, you're welcome.
 
Also, you'd think I'd encounter more full-blown lunatics in the library but I really don't.  I work in a bubble.  But I met one today.  Do me a favor and picture a large-chested woman with no bra and a low cut tank top and glossy eyes that can only see one thing: the mothership.  Now, here's what went down:
 
Zoolulu Quartz Rainbow:  "I need to know where the bibles are."
 
Me:  "We have them in two places; would you like to check one out or do you want to look at one while you're here?"
 
ZQR:  "I asked you a simple question and I am not going to repeat myself."
 
Me:  "I'll gladly show you where they are because I'm going to pull out the heaviest one and smash it over your head."
 
I took her to the bibles and then showed her that they were on two shelves. 
 
ZQR:  "EXCUSE ME. WHERE ARE THE BIBLES. I ASKED YOU A SIMPLE QUESTION AND YOU JUST TOOK ME ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE."
 
Me:  "..." and again, "The bibles are right here."  I showed her. 
 
ZQR:  "Yes, I see."
 
Let's see.  Do I love my job today?  Do you love my job today?

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

ummmmmmmmmm, reading this post got my blood pressure up.

people just... amaze me. i can only purse my lips and shake my head in incredulity. and then take a shot (or five).