Saturday, November 14, 2009

the 14th

I just erased a few paragraphs.  You'd probably disown me if you read them.  The gist:  omg, the weather! omg, I didn't blog last night 'cause I'm 30 and old and like, ty-erd at 11:00 p.m.!

I like to find places that were made for people, but that people don't ever hardly notice.  Benches in the middle of a Target parking lot, alcoves in airports away from gates and food lines, deserted courtyards with tables and chairs, fountains with ledge seating, etc.  This is probably because I notice places where "play" is encouraged in spots otherwise thick with work and commerce.  And I'm not talking physical play -- more imagination, reading spots, introspective timeouts, etc.  Not work.  And then there's the part where I'm not much of a people person; my introverted self must recharge away from people.  So today we spotted a courtyard near downtown West Palm Beach - empty, canopied by huge oak trees and bougainvillea.  It was like a small vacation - a rejuvenation picnic - we stopped and had lunch in it.  

And then we forgot to go to the vegetable stand for sugar snap peas.  We must have been too carried away in the sunshine.

No comments: