Friday, July 10, 2009

it all takes time

Is July already 1/3 over? Yup.

In my absence, I had company = little sister. Probably one of the better investments I've ever made in my entire adult life was the $49.99 purchase of the Sport-Brella for beach trips, which the makers of have created a Jack Johnson music video for:



Apparently it's for white-white soccer families with 2.5 children and golden retrievers, but I am white-white and I fry in the sun and this thing was a freaking skin-saver and breeze-maker. I don't think I can ever go to the beach without it again; here it is in action:

view from under the sportsbrellaaa

Under it, I began reading:






















It makes me want to visit Savannah so, so bad. How have I not been there yet? I'm also juggling another book:






















And, if that weren't enough right there, we've also started watching the HBO series Big Love, which I've wanted to watch since 2006, which in case you didn't know was three years ago. I know, right? I love it. First season wrapped last night, we're off to track down season 2 shortly.

3 comments:

The Q said...

Missed you while you were gone!

Lauren said...

That thing looks like the bastard love child of a tent and an umbrella. Neat-o.

Matty said...

Never heard of it before. Glad you posted it. I may try it out.