Saturday, October 23, 2010

should have slept

It wasn't until 7:15 a.m. that I realized I did not have to be to work at 8:00 a.m., but 10:00 a.m. instead!  Damn. A morning to sleep in and poof!  Gone.  But at least I was able to snuggle with my George, who by the way is the Snuggle King.  He's like a little burrowing owl.  Anyway, I couldn't just go back to sleep, even though I hardly slept last night.

I went through a fantastic reading spurt during my heavy nursing days, when George wanted nothing more than to eat every 1.5 hours.  It was brilliant on my part - I sailed through books quickly and because I was a hormonal jungle gym, all books consumed became golden sharp memories (still thinking of American Wife).  But the spurt dead-ended with Sloane Crosley's How Did You Get This Number.  I was laughing hysterically at parts but then I sort of forgot I was reading it...sparkle and fade.

I have a few books checked out right now from the library - those that might not interest you (infant sleep) and those that might:

  • A Friend of the Family: a novel (Grodstein, 2009)
  • Castle: a novel (Lennon, 2009)
  • Fury: a memoir (Zailckas, 2010)


I'm sneaking reads at work since I'm there part-time hours, when the library is slow and my boss isn't there to judge me.

Coming up this week:

Tonight - Halloween Party w/family
Tomorrow - Open House / heading over to the in-laws
Friday - BIRTHDAY MANIA!  I've always wanted to say, when asked my age, that I'm thirty-won-derful.  AND NOW I CAN FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR.

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

oh god.

just realized that i'll soon be thirty two... for the price of one?

oh man.