Friday, April 17, 2009

north by northwest (er, continental)

Technically speaking, it is my weekend.  And I am in a faraway place, where it rains a lot (ahem) and there is no sales tax.  The smell of spring alone has recharged all of my dead batteries.  Since it took me something like 6.5 hours in airplane years to get here, this lovely yummy rainy place, I made excellent progress in Julia Scheeres' Jesus Land (2005), which I had started once before and then stopped (now to my great shame).  One of the greatest memoirs I've read since I began my year of 24 books, indeed.  Anyway, today there are promises of waterfalls in Columbia River Gorge-ous places.  And breakfast out with my dad, who turns 60 in a couple of weeks.  Tomorrow, promises of the Pacific Ocean, if only a quick glimpse but there will be chowder, oh: there will be chowder! 
 
I do miss my silly pets greatly, but the one I really miss is making sure they're all okay.  I can't help but think that *when* the time is right and we pick up shop and move it to Oregon, Jane will have a rough go of it:  she's hates the cold!  She is always looking for the warmest spot. 
 
Have great weekends, all of you!

2 comments:

.......... said...

lived in the pacific northwest for a year (seattle) and was fortunate enough to make it out to oregon a couple of times. LOVE!

i want chowder too...

kimberlina said...

jane will find the warmest spot, right on a radiator, or perhaps your head! she'll be fine.

when are you thinking of moving?!