Monday, May 14, 2007

via Kat, via Tits

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Kat (Ontario, Canada)

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.

(West Palm Beach, FLORIDA)
  • My kitchen. That's right. I love to prepare meals at home. I might not be the world's best cook, but I love to be in the kitchen, listening to a book on CD, drinking a glass of wine and chopping/prepping/stirring/mixing/cooking, etc.
  • How about Rosalita's in Lantana? Yummy margaritas, tamales, and salsa...and service that makes you feel at home. This is where Steve and I go for our celebrations, like me getting a job, Steve landing a spot at an art show...etc.
  • Costco. I mean, can you go wrong with a sausage and beverage for $1.60? If every restaurant in South Florida is a chain of some sort, then I reserve the right to eat at Costco - at least they treat their employees very, very well and are not linked, corporately, to the Republican party!
  • The Cottage in Lake Worth. Ambiance is everything. And when you eat at the beach, you most definitely need an outdoor fireplace to keep you warm and snuggly.
  • John G's, Lake Worth. Because my favorite meal of the day is...breakfast.
Since I know a handful of Bloggers, I invite all of you to do this meme!

5 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

I'm right there with ya with the favorite meal of the day being breakfast.

Unfortunately, my town is breakfast-food deficient. Sure, we have our share of diners and such, but none of them are as good as any of the breakfast joints in Key West.

Damn...I need to go back!

Nicole said...

The Cottage and Lake Worth sounds so good!!! I like places with nice ambiance too!!

Ps thanks for doing the tag. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

velverse said...

Woo.. I hope I have the chance to try you cooking :)

Okay sounds good.. Dinner at The Cottage in Lake Worth since it sounds so cool... then Margaritas at Rosalita. Wah... sounds so nice.

Thanks for you list and doing the tag.

Kat said...

I love your first answer ;o)

Julie said...

Hi. I found your site through a fellow Green Thumb Sunday participant. I was intrigued by your interests, as we share many of the same ones! I always wish I had become a librarian. I live in PB County, which I am guessing from this pic of Palm Beach County Public Library books, you do too! I love cactus, succulents, am a Democrat, and LOVE reading. I hope you loved Secret Life of Bees as much as I did...although I read it several years ago while on vacation. I consider it one of my all time fav books! Anyway...I have enjoyed reading your blog this far back, and also love your kitty! I have a tiger cat (Baby)and a chihuahua (LullaBelle, otherwise known as Doozy). I have not been to The Cottage, but will now HAVE to find it and give it a try. If you are ever up on Donald Ross in Jupiter for breakfast, check out the Juno Beach Cafe at the corner of Donald Ross and US1. On Sunday it is breakfast until 2pm....you can sit outside and it is quite lovely in great weather. That was what I really wanted to let you know. I am so jealous that you are a librarian! Thanks for all your work...I, for one, really appreciate you and your colleagues!
Julie