Monday, February 12, 2007

it landed on a scanner, V

Back by popular demand!

The weekly feature wherein I throw things on a scanner and explain what they mean, as if you couldn't figure it out yourselves. (Past editions can be found here).

On this fifth edition, "V," it's all about red, white and pink. How appropriate, no?



Clockwise from top:

Alphabet ticket stub stickers. Impulse purchase! I couldn't resist them.

Fall Into the Gap Favorite Songs CD: Bear with me. I have mentioned before that I was a Gap girl for roughly 7 years; it was my silly college job, and to be honest...I loved it. I think it was the greatest social project I was ever involved in; however miserable this might sound, I came of age working retail. I have so many stories (is anyone interested?). Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and have my blog during the years 1997-2004. Anyway, I have a lingering Gap gift certificate and stopped in a store last week to poke around. So much gray right now! I was surprised to find on the (RED) table a book of portraits (Individuals) taken as part of past and present Gap ad campaigns. Photographs by Herb Ritts, Annie Leibovitz, Patrick Demarchelier, etc.! Stunning! I snatched up the book and have been reminiscing all weekend+. The CD featured above came with the book.

Candle lid: Just for Valentine's Day.

Wooden pushpins: Lately, I am obsessed with pushpins. These were kind of different so I impulse purchased them, too.

Valentine: Sadly, this was the only Valentine I made this year but I never sent it out...boo! There is still time to give it away, though...

5 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

I was scanning at work today & thought of you & your old "landed" posts. I love this!

Also, I have a Gap CD with "Crazy" by Alanis that I LOVE, love, love.

Hmmm, I wonder what I could put on a scanner ....

Junniper, MPA said...

OK, that is entirely too much fun. I was not witness to the original scanner entries, but now I'm quite excited!

So which Gap?

Verdant Earl said...

Interesting how the alphabet strip all the way to the right is missing the "B".

And the tickets go from 543645 for "A" to 543646 for "C".

On second thought, not so interesting. Why do I notice these things?

Tits McGee said...

The return of an old favorite! Woo hoo!

I totally heart your valentine, and you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

It is so pretty. I love, love, love it landed on a scanner.

When I first saw this, "Love is in the Air" was already stuck in my head (from seeing the same phrase in the newspaper.) Interesante.

I am SO looking forward to Artigras!