Monday, July 03, 2006

you know you're in south florida when...

...over one dozen passengers on your departing flight arrived at the gate in a wheelchair.














Old people do funny things on airplanes, too, like roll up newspapers and stick them in barf bags for piece of mind and then tote them off the plane like they're carrying a great sub sandwich.

Was I really gone from my blog for a solid week? I don't know how to do this anymore! I took 139 pictures on my trip to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont and kept a journal with comments I thought were witty. It was very important that I remembered Red Sox fans (of which I met plenty) are crazy mofos. And that I love JBKO more than ever and JFK more than ever (and ever), too. I want to make a quilt so bad! I want to move to Vermont and work in an old brick library or just be a gardener. Everyone was so friendly, curious, interested. Did I say friendly?

Certainly I will post more pictures - I have to organize them and about a dozen other things, like bills, my penpal workstation, other trip memorabilia, etc.

Well, for now...goodnight.

8 comments:

carolina anne said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I MISS YOU!

Meghan said...

i made my quilt! it was... hmm... intense? a couple weeks of my mother and i working on it every spare minute possible. by the end of it, i was a wee bit her nagging, but hey, it's worth it!!

(i'll try to remember and post a photo of my quilt when i get back to the west coast)

---MB

Spinning Girl said...

New England kicks ass.

Move here. We'll hang out.

kimberlina said...

madge, i adore that you surreptitiously took a photograph of the wheelin' horde that came off of your plane. i've never seen anything quite like it, and i've lived here all my life!

*laugh*

madge said...

V. - There is much to tell!

M. - I would love to see your quilt!

SG - Indeed.

K. - There were 14 of them, to be exact! I couldn't not take a picture!

Charlotte said...

Maybe the east coast of FL has more old people than the west coast? I've DEFINITELY seen them in the West Palm Airport.

madge said...

Kate - Yahtzee! I flew out of good 'ol PBI. :)

Tits McGee said...

So where are the pictures, baby? I wanna see! Gimmie!

I'm so glad you had a good time in New England. I can't wait to hear all about it.